Tenzing-Hillary Everest Ultra 60k
Trip dates: May 14 to June 3, 2018
(Represents the day you need to arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal and the day you can schedule to depart Kathmandu)
Race date: May 29, 2018
Trip Cost: $2990.00 per person
Single hotel room and tent supplement: $440.00
- 60K Trail Run from Mount Everest Base Camp (17,500ft) to Namche Bazaar (11,200 feet)
- World’s highest Ultra Running Event
- Includes the world’s highest uphill trail running section
- Starting line at the Khumbu Icefall
- The ultra route passes through Sherpa villages, past Buddhist monasteries, across suspension bridges and within a beautiful mountain landscape
The first edition of the Mount Everest Ultra Marathon 60K Trail Run was held on May 29, 2014. After receiving a great amount of feedback from past runners expressing an interest for a longer event and even greater challenge, we have mapped out a 60K course which winds its way through the Sherpa villages through Sherpa villages, past Buddhist monasteries, across suspension bridges and within a beautiful mountain landscape.
Like no other ultra trail run in the world, this event must surely be the world’s highest. Despite being mostly downhill, the Everest Ultra Marathon includes one of the world’s highest uphill sections of trail running, a 10K stretch from Phortse Village (12,465 feet) up to the Nha La Pass at 14,435 feet. On race day, runners will line up at the starting line at Everest Base Camp (17,500 feet) near the famous Khumbu Icefall. The finish line lies 60K away at scenic Sherpa Capital of Namche Bazaar, along yak and yeti trails and across an expanse of Himalayan wilderness and rustic settlements. The event has a 12 hour time limit.
From Gorekshep at 16,800 feet, the trail gradually descends to Lobuche (15,875ft) and continues through a scenic valley to Dingboche (14,400ft). The trail splits at Pangboche taking you up to the quiet village of Phortse, where you will begin a 10K, 2,000 foot uphill section to the Nha La Pass at 14,435 feet. As hard as this section will be, you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of Ama Dablam, the 8,000 meter Cho Oyu and the valleys below. This challenging and spectacular event finishes to a cheering crowd at the Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar at 11,200 feet.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to group hotel.
Day 2: A free day in Kathmandu with a half-day guided sightseeing tour.
Day 3: Fly to Lukla (9,200ft) and trek to Phakding (8,900ft). 3 hour trek.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (11,200ft). 5 to 6 hour trek.
Day 5: Rest and acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 6: Trek to Khumjung (12,235ft). 2 to 3 hour trek.
Day 7: Trek to Dole (13,780ft). 3 to 4 hour trek.
Day 8: Trek to Machermo (14,465ft). 3 to 4 hour trek.
Day 9: Trek to Gokyo Lakes (15,615ft). 4 to 5 hour trek.
Day 10: Optional hike up Gokyo Ri (17,800ft) and trek to Na La (14,890ft). 4 hour trek.
Day 11: Trek to Phortse Village (12,465ft). 5 to 6 hour trek.
Day 12: Trek to Dingboche (14,400ft). 5 hour trek.
Day 13: Rest and acclimatization day at Dingboche.
Day 14: Trek to Lobuche (15,875ft). 4 to 5 hour trek.
Day 15: Trek to Gorakshep (16,800ft). Optional hike up Kala Pattar (18,200ft).
Day 16: Optional hike up Kala Pattar and continue to Everest Base Camp (17,500ft).
Day 17: At Everest Base Camp preparing for the run.
Day 18: Mount Everest Ultra Marathon Trail Run ending in Namche Bazaar.
Day 19: Rest day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 20: Trek to Phakding (8,900ft). 5 to 6 hour trek.
Day 21: Trek to Lukla (9,200ft). 3 to 4 hour trek.
Day 22: Fly to Kathmandu. Hotel.
Day 23: Free day in Kathmandu. Hotel.
Day 24: Transfer to airport and depart.
- 24 Days/23 Nights in Nepal
- 4 nights hotels in Kathmandu on sharing basis with breakfast
- Half-day guided sightseeing tour around Kathmandu
- 19 nights of full service tented camping (incl. 2 nights at Everest Base Camp)
- All three main meals while on trek
- 18 days of MODERATE trekking and 1 race day (incl. 4 acclimatization & rest days)
- Entry into the Mt Everest Extreme 60K Ultra Trail Run with full race support & T-shirt
- Domestic Fixed Wing Round-trip flights Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Optional hike up Kala Pattar at 18,200 feet
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu and group transportation involved with the itinerary
- Everest National Park trekking permits and entrance fees
- Group celebration dinner on June 2nd
- Everest Marathon duffle bag
- Nepal visa fee ($40) good for a 30-day visit and available upon arrival
- Lunches (3) and dinners (3) while in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance policy to include coverage for medical and evacuation expenses
- All expenses of a personal nature such as: tips for your Nepali trekking staff, bottled water, other drinks and snacks while in Kathmandu and on trek, internet, telephone, laundry, souvenir shopping, etc…
- Cost of single hotel rooms in Kathmandu and a single tent while on trek. A single supplement is available for $425.00.
- Any expenses associated with arriving into Nepal before May 12th or staying on after June 4th and any travel expenses while en route to Nepal.
- Expenses related to flying in / out of Lukla by helicopter and only in the case of bad weather (Approx. $500 per person each way)